CPUz – CPU, Motherboard, RAM
Rsync for windows
- I have tried this one. A lot of GUI it has run without any problem.
- Next I will try this one it has an rsync server – nice…but it wants cygwin…maybe next time.
- DeltaCopy Seems like a good match, but i cant just run the rsync that is in the zip file, you must setup some local servers etc.
- Wonderfull blog with a lot more to read/try
- Favorite clone: not found :(
Reset Windows Vista/XP/NT passwords
Download the iso from here, burn, boot (DBB), then use the
“NTFS TOOLS” > “Offline NT Password & Registry Editor”
Skin your windows
New Pc Installation
- Turn Off recycle bin, make changes on the Folder/View options to show all files, extensions etc.
- Everest Home Edition
- fences – desktop organizer
- PDF viewer Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player
- skype, pidgin
- cyr95-nt2 – vista Windows-Vista-PhoneticXP
- disk cataloger
- EditPlus, PSPad, Notepad++
- AddRemove Programs / Software – enable/disable all microsoft default programs that you like IE, messanger, outlook, and mediaplayer.
- Stop autoplay
* Enter GPEDIT.MSC
Group Policy mmc will popup. On left panel:
* Double-click Computer Configuration to open submenu
* Double-click Administrative Templates to open submenu
* Double-click System to open submenu
* Double-click Turn autoplay off option which will be near the
bottom of the list in the right panel.
The default is the Not configured . Set it to Enabled.
Good tutorials for securing windows XP
- From Microsoft
Dealing with Virus/Trojan Thread
- Upload some suspisious file for testing on some antivirus sofware webpage for online check
- Kasperski free trial
- AVG free trial